FreeTSM30/FreeCalypso project started

Michael Spacefalcon msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Thu Feb 14 08:12:44 CET 2013

Harley Laue <losinggeneration at gmail.com> wrote:

> While I think the project you're working on is great, you come off
> sounding petty using terms like "Closedmoko." I /still/ don't think any
> open hardware phone has come out without some kind of NDA attached to
> some part (I could be wrong.)

My beef isn't so much with the NDA itself, but with their unwillingness
to break it all these many years after the company has gone defunct and
all engineers have been let go.

I have lost count of how many NDAs I have broken, but it is probably
somewhere around 20.

It would be *so* easy for one of those guys to leak the ware completely
anonymously without ever being identified...  Hence their refusal to
do so is what makes them criminals in my eyes, and they shall always
remain so until and unless a leak occurs, anonymous or otherwise.

Just to be clear, I shall continue with my FreeCalypso project based
on HispaPhreak's release whether or not we ever get a leak of the
Closedmoko bits.  After all, the latter were mostly object code as
we've all been told (let me guess guys, your TI bits have files like
l1c.lk, l1d.lk, gmm.lk etc, right?), whereas HispaPhreak's version is
100% full source.  It is unfortunate that the full source version
targets the wrong hw platform, and it will take some work to back-port
it to Leonardo/GTA0x, but the result (a full source fw version for the
GTA02) will certainly be worth it.  But if someone does leak the
"semi-source" for the "moko" version, it would probably help a lot
with guiding the back-porting effort, particularly when the time comes
to recreate the moko-specific logic of the AP and BP signaling each
other to wake up.

SF