GTA02 boot without battery

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at swissmail.org
Wed Jan 2 13:30:44 CET 2013

My gta02, or possibly the bare board I removed to convert my GTA04 is
getting a new job as a wifi audio forwarder to let me play music over my
hifi wirelessly.  I would like to remove the battery from this phone
once it is set up to prevent damage to the battery and to free up
another battery for long trips.

Both of my GTA02s are A5 with buzzfix.  It sounds like A7 had a change
to allow it to boot without a battery.  Does anyone know what the change
is and if it is something I could apply myself?   I am going to be doing
the bass-fix and it would be nice to fix this at the same time.

Thanks,

Ben