GTA02 boot without screen

rhn omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Wed Jan 2 14:45:17 CET 2013

On Wednesday 02 of January 2013 07:30:44 Benjamin Deering wrote:
> My gta02, or possibly the bare board I removed to convert my GTA04 is
> getting a new job as a wifi audio forwarder to let me play music over my
> hifi wirelessly.  I would like to remove the battery from this phone
> once it is set up to prevent damage to the battery and to free up
> another battery for long trips.
>
> Both of my GTA02s are A5 with buzzfix.  It sounds like A7 had a change
> to allow it to boot without a battery.  Does anyone know what the change
> is and if it is something I could apply myself?   I am going to be doing
> the bass-fix and it would be nice to fix this at the same time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

Hi Ben,

I'm interested in how you got the board to boot and be accessible from outside without a screen.
Some time ago my GTA02 was dunked in water and that broke its screen. After reflashing SHR, I wasn't able to access it in any way because the screen was required to finish setup.
What distribution did you use?

Cheers,
rhn

P.S. If anyone's interested in the device, feel free to contact me.