GTA04-Screen size

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 4 11:35:26 CET 2013

On Friday, January 04, 2013 10:42:39 AM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Am 04.01.2013 um 00:02 schrieb Travis Bachelder:
> > In reference to the Ubuntu OS development, Have we thought about making
> > the "GTA04" screen larger? What are the limitations with this?
>
> Main limitations: needs new case design and a larger display backlight
> needs a bigger battery.
>
> But we already have GTA04 variants with larger displays:
>
> * http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=OpenPhoenux%203704
> * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKUVtGp_AmY

Also for bigger display resolution you need faster CPU/graphics. 800x480 would
be ok - but those few pixels are not worth IMO. HD on our omap3 could be
sluggish. We can check how beagleboard performs. But keep in mind that what
can be ok for desktop can be slow for phone where you need e.g. fullscreen
scrolling.

Regards

Radek