possible to use wifi and usb networking at the same time? (qtmoko)

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Fri Jan 4 16:30:08 CET 2013

On 01/04/2013 04:02 PM, robin wrote:
> hi
>
> I somehow messed up my routing, so I can no longer access the internet/router
> from my freerunner (ping 192.168.0.200 works 192.168.0.1 (router) doesn't
> anymore).
>
> Now I thought as long as I can log in via ssh from my desktop I could still
> access the internet from my phone, by powering on wifi. BUT as soon as the
> wifi connection is up (and actually permits me to access the internet) my
> usb connection dies...
>
> so I was wondering if there is a setup, where you can just ssh into your phone
> power up wifi (maybe even from command line) and still have fully functional
> usb access to the phone.
>
> best regards and happy new year
>

> robin

Hi Robin,

Can you ssh to the wifi address of the FR?
That way it wouldn't matter if the USB connection dies.

Can you tell a bit more about your setup?
192.168.0.200 is connected to an usb port on your router?
What kind of router is it? a linux box with multiple interfaces?
Are you able to open up a terminal on the FR  and access the command line?

Kind regards,
Ed