Entry level Ubuntu smartphone

Patrick Beck pbeck at yourse.de
Sat Jan 5 23:19:34 CET 2013

Hi Nikolaus,

i hope not so.

Am Freitag, den 04.01.2013, 13:22 +0100 schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus
Schaller:
> As analysed above I doubt they are interested in Ubuntu Phones. They
> want to see it running on any phone.

I think it will be the same as with computers. You have Windows
preinstalled and 90% of the Users will use it. And on computers it's
relative easy to change the operating system.

On a mobile you have much more optimization to the hardware.

The iphone has only his success because the software fits optimal to the
hardware (speed, touchscreen, etc.) - of course android has now done the
same - better user interface, faster, etc.)

I think it will be bad marketing, when we see phone X with ubuntu, when
it's slow, you can't use the hardware buttons, etc ... Perhaps it will
run with optimization, but it think the normal user will not do it.

ubuntu phone needs for me a label on the hardware.

with kind regards

Patrick