possible to use wifi and usb networking at the same time? (qtmoko)

robin spielraum at web.de
Tue Jan 8 06:58:56 CET 2013

Paul Wise <pabs3 <at> bonedaddy.net> writes:

> Thats a bug in QtMoko's network setup, it seems to take full control
> of the kernel's networking setup without asking the kernel what
> networks are setup already and should remain. It also needs to be
> aware that not all network interfaces are managed by the QtMoko
> network UI.
>
> You can work around it by starting the USB network from a terminal
> after starting the WiFi. Run ifup usb0 if using ifupdown for the USB
> connection (which is the default on Debian). That will give you two
> default routes because ifupdown also doesn't pay attention to existing
> kernel network state, but you will still be able to login. If USB is
> not connected or not forwarding connections then you may need to
> delete the extra default route to connect to the Internet though:
>
> ip route del default via 192.168.0.200 dev usb0

hi paul,

is this bug also causing the network interface on the freerunner to change type
once in a while. Sometimes my usb/ssh connection fails and if I then go to the
setup of my network I see that there is a new interface on the freerunner which
hasn't been configured yet and the one which previously was working stopped doing
so.

br

robin