Ubuntu / Firefox OS for Openmoko

Thamos tigerred at gmx.de
Fri Jan 11 16:49:28 CET 2013

Hi,

i am ambiguous about that.
I think we have already enough Operating Systems with QtMoko and SHR and
Replicant. (Did i miss a really working distro?)
But, as it seems to me, we don't have enough software developers, and as
Mozilla and Ubuntu are big projects, this seems to be a way to use their
ressources to get some nice features to our phones.

i don't know anything about the OSs themself to evaluate them.
And i don't know if they are really interested in working with us, as
you wrote, they are searching big players....

I think the question is if we have people on our side who want to start
such an project (and try to drag some of their developers in).

greets,
Thamos