silent SMS

Matthias Apitz guru at
Sat Jan 12 16:15:10 CET 2013

Concerning so called "silent SMS", short described here:
does we know how such messages work exactly from the technical point of
view and, more interestingly, are such messages signalled by the modem to
the software (and only "normal" cellphones does not send them to the user
on the display), could such events at least logged by our software stacks
(I'm using SHR)?

Would be a nice feature....

Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru at     |  \ / - No HTML/RTF in E-mail
WWW: |   X  - No proprietary attachments
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  / \ - Respect for open standards