[Shr-Devel] silent SMS

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak dos at dosowisko.net
Sat Jan 12 16:30:42 CET 2013

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> Concerning so called "silent SMS", short described here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Message_Service#Silent_SMS
> does we know how such messages work exactly from the technical point of
> view and, more interestingly, are such messages signalled by the modem to
> the software (and only "normal" cellphones does not send them to the user
> on the display), could such events at least logged by our software stacks
> (I'm using SHR)?
> Would be a nice feature....
> Thanks
>         matthias

I don't think we're supporting that kind of messages. The only fancy
SMS technique that I'm aware that was implemented somewhere in FSO
userland is support for class 0 messages in opimd-notifier, which
shows button "click to read message" with typical smses, and directly
shows message content with class 0 ones.

(with ogsmd one could also send class 0 message, but I don't know if
or how would it work now with fsogsmd)

As far as I understand it, silent messages should be displayed via SHR
phone just like any other kind of messages, with all notifications,
sounds etc.

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak, dos