[Community] OpenPhoenux Logo contest - Phase 2 (voting)

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 23:15:57 CET 2013

On Monday 14 January 2013 21:28:17 francesco.devita at mailoo.org wrote:
> What it represents?
> It is a stylized GTA04 board, there are four connectors over it and a
> smartphone cover underneath it.
> Why I chosen this subject?>
> What are we talking about?
> Should the logo communicate a link with the old openmoko
> project?
> In a flock of birds
> how can we recognize our own? Simple, do not use a bird.
Your logo (10) brings the message across very well. I agree on all points and
recognize them in your logo.

Most things I can read from logo 2 as well, except for the Neo-shaped rocket.

Those two actuall were my choices.

> I don't know in other languages, but in italian these last sentences
> could be a hilarious joke, I hope you don't mind (:
I can imagine something :-)

> How I did it?
> I tried to follow the KISS (keep it simple, stupid) principle. My logo
> proposal I think is indeed simple.
Yes, indeed. Some of the logos look very dynamic as long as all details are
clearly visible, but need more attention before they are recognized.

> Hope you like it and as always criticisms are welcome.
I like it :-) Two minor points of critisism: I think the gradients are taking
away from the KISS-principle. The brownish/golden logo got glowing letters;
have you tried one-directional glow, as if there's only light shining one side
(or, as if there's only neon on one side); probably under the same angle as
the phone cover is under the motherboard? I think it might connect the image
and the letters (no drop shadows; that would overdo it). Hm... That's a bit
more text than I expected for a minor point ;-)

Best regards,

Boudewijn