GTA04A5 ready to be pre-ordered

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jan 22 10:02:38 CET 2013

Hi all,
finally, the GTA04A5 batch is ready for production and we are open for pre-orders through

	<http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04>

What will be different to GTA04A4?

* the GPS receiver can provide a 1 second impulse interrupt to the CPU
* the infrared receiver can be independently powered off (it was alternatively powered with RS232 before)
* some sensors have been upgraded to non-obsolete versions (e.g. BMA180 is out of production)
* WLAN/BT power controlled through a GPIO (so that VAUX4 is now free for other use)
* 6-pin ZIF connector for external keyboard or other I2C devices
* it is possible to use a new earpiece (from Knowles) so that we finally can offer a complete case kit
* the GPS antenna switch has been redesigned
* improved headset detection hardware
* CPU will be always 1 GHz and Memory 512MB RAM / 1GB NAND
* UMTS module may have newer firmware inside (tbc.)
* there is a plan for a 3D printed case (approx. 50 EUR) with integrated touch pen
* there will be 3D data (STEP) of the PCB and components so that you can design your own case that fits with a micrometer precision :)

Preliminary (there may still come minor changes coming from PCB
Layout tuning and from first production feedback) schematics can be found here:

	<http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/downloads/48/>

-- hns