GTA04A5 ready to be pre-ordered

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jan 23 11:59:03 CET 2013

Am 23.01.2013 um 11:42 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Tuesday, January 22, 2013 07:55:23 PM robin wrote:
>
>> so at what frequency is the gps signal being processed currently with the
>> gta04a4? if I remember correctly the gta02 had 5Hz sampling frequency?
>> if it was lower for the current gta04a4 than 5Hz is there any possibility
>> that this will change or will I have to live with a more modern phone but
>> worse GPS reception? this is an important question to me as GPS is one of
>> the main uses I have for my phone.
>
> I dont know the technical details, but GPS in GTA04 seems to me much better
> then in GTA02. It gets fix much faster and sees more satellites.

Yes, it is a Sirf IV chip with 40 channels and higher sensitivity.

But I have found no reference that it is possible to increase the sampling rate
higher than 1/s. It is only possible to reduce it to 1/30s to save more power.

What is your application that you need 5 data points every second? Is it
possible to interpolate by using the velocity and direction information?

BR,
Nikolaus