Install latest navit on qtmoko without gpsd / GTA02

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 29 10:10:58 CET 2013

On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 08:46:13 AM robin wrote:

> which version of qtmoko will one be building if one clones your git tree?
> always the latest one (no matter if latest is stable or experimental)

I try to keep master stable, but of course during releases things can break
for short time. You can checkout bu tag (e.g. git checkout v50) to get what
was in the release.

> depending on the device? I would guess eg as GTA02 and GTA04 builds are at
> the moment quite different that this would affect the building of the
> navit package as well. So if this correct will we have separate packages
> of navit for GTA02/GTA04?

No, it's one package. The compile-time differences (#ifdef GTA04) are only in
the qtmoko package. Additional apps dont have such #ifdefs.

> Where do you configure it that if you use dpkg-buildpackage to build navit
> that navit automatically gets the latest svn version to build?

I used svn to git import, because i want all my apps in git on github.

> regarding uploding qemu buildhost, would it then be easy to keep that one
> in sync with your git tree? If yes, this is a good idea for entry level
> people like me, if not, I  would rather try to build it from scratch once
> my wife has cleaned our harddrive to allow debian squeeze to reside in a
> virtual box.

Yes, for releases i am just doing:

	git pull
	scripts/build-package-gta04.sh

very simple and it takes a very long time ;-)

Btw an old qemu buildhost is still on sf downloads [1]. But now i am using
different kernel which can use 1GB of ram.

Regards

Radek

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/BuildHost/