Install latest navit on qtmoko without gpsd / GTA02

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 29 11:57:38 CET 2013

On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:07:36 AM robin wrote:

> if the buildhost which can address 1gb ram builds much faster I would like
> to ask you to upload it so I could use that one instead.

I dont know if it's much faster, but it should not be slower. And that kernel
can be used also for armhf, which is nice.

> I will try to summarize what I have understood, so please correct me if I
> am wrong:
>
> 1.) get the buildhost to be able to compile

Yup

> 2.) compile qtmoko-base-system either for gta04 or gta02 with the version
> you want (eg v51)

Yup.

> 3.) compile navit package, which automatically checks out the latest svn

Yes, but it does not checkout svn automatically. You have to do it manually.

> if you just want a newer version of navit, but your qtmoko-base-system
> version has not changed since your last build just do 3.)

Yes.

Btw the Qt/QtMoko api/abi is stable - so even builds against very old Qt will
work (most of qtmoko .deb are still build against Qt 4.5 and very old QtMoko)

> what would I have to do if I wanted to have one gta04 build and one gta02
> build on the same machine? will they automatically have different paths?

Yes, the scripts/build-package-gtaXX build to different directories (build-
gta02 build-gta04) so it's no problem to have them on same machine.

I can try to pack the buildhost and see what will be the result size. But
currently they are busy building v52 ;-)

Regards

Radek