Bluetooth Keyboard

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Tue Jul 2 23:21:35 CEST 2013

Well, I tried some different QWS_KEYBOARD settings and the one that
seemed to have the most hope of working was when I set it to the empty
string:

  export QWS_KEYBOARD=""

That allowed me to type using the bluetooth keyboard just fine and
dandy, BUT the power and aux buttons on the neo no longer work, so
it's not a solution. (Especially since I seem to have to reboot the
phone, not just restart QT Moko, in order to make qpe.env be reread.)

Supposedly, one can have multiple keyboard drivers by separating them
with spaces in the QWS_KEYBOARD variable, however, I have no idea how
to specify both neokbdhandler and the empty string.

Sidenote 1: weirdly, setting QWS_KEYBOARD to "" is different than
having the variable unset. When not set, bluetooth did not work.

Sidenote 2: for some reason my caps lock and control keys are not
being recognized, but my alt/option key is.

Sidenote 3: I was surprised to see that pairing worked from the QTMoko
GUI. (I did have to restart QT Moko but it was happy after that.) I
had expected to have to use the old Bluez3 'hidd --search'.

--Ben