Bluetooth Keyboard

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Fri Jul 5 02:52:04 CEST 2013

Hurrah! I am typing this message using my Apple Wireless Keyboard
paired to my Neo running QTMoko. The only change I made was adding a
space after neokbdhandler in the /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env file:

  QWS_KEYBOARD="neokbdhandler "

Nearly everything works, including the touchscreen during calls and
the AUX and power buttons, but there are some notable deficiencies,
perhaps because the QT apps weren't designed for keyboards.

* QTerminal does not recognize the control key, which makes editing at
the command line using emacs keys a real pain.

* Arora web browser does not recognize the Return/Enter key, but it
does recognize the control key.

--Ben