qtmoko blacklist

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Thu Jul 25 17:47:40 CEST 2013

On Thu 25 July 2013 17:31:09 urodelo wrote:
> it is not illegal (why should it  be? )  android already implements
> something similar
>
> i would prefer something which closes the connection once it arrives to my
> phone; the meaning for the calling number is: don't bother me
> that's also because if i let it ring (even if there's no vibration or
> tone), it wastes my poor battery
>
> your answering machine isn't easy to create for me

As explained before, you got two options then:
A) reject the call (find proper AT command or whatever for that)
B) shut down modem (AT+CFUN=0 or sth)
A will create a busy signal at callers end, B will usually result in "the
number you've called is temporarily not available"

Worth noting that you need to keep up the AT+CFUN state for >5..10s and then
revert to CFUN=2 or what's normal status, to allow further calls in as well as
out.
There *might* be a dedicated command defined in GSM/3GPP to reject a call with
"temprarily not available", which would be the better alternative to shutting
down modem for 10s. You have to find out, I don't know off top of my head.
Also I can't give any advice how to implement any of that on qtmoko. I _could_
tell you how to do it on maemo, with a 5..10 shellscript lines (buzzword dbus-
scripting)

HTH
/j

(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)