GTA02 act as gps mouse?

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 8 20:45:47 CET 2013

Am 06.03.2013 14:21, schrieb Ed Kapitein:
> On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 13:42 +0100, Fox Mulder wrote:

>>> I was looking exactly for this kind of script. :)
>>> I will try it at the weekend and hopefully i get it working without too
>>> much trouble. Thanks for the link.
>>
>> I couldn't wait and so i tried it today. I installed latest SHR 2012.7
>> and revived my GTA02 for this test. :)
>> But the first problem came up with bluetooth pairing because the
>> mentioned "simple-agent" Python script in the wiki relies on some
>> modules SHR doesn't have. It uses "from gi.repository import GObject"
>> which i could solve when renaming it to "import gobject" (doesn't know
>> if that works). But than it also uses "import bluezutils" which i can't
>> find anywhere in the SHR repositories.
>> So before i can test the BtGPS script i have to solve the problem of
>> pairing my devices. The wiki states there are some other scripts for
>> pairing but i can't find any. So does anybody know a way how to pair my
>> GTA02 with another device with some script or program for SHR?
>>
>> Ciao,
>>      Rainer
>>
> Hi Rainer,
>
> I use bluetooth without pairing.
>
> I have a laptop and a FR.
> On the laptop i do:
> rfcomm listen 1 2
>
> And on the FR i do
>
> BLUEMAC=00:02:72:14:0F:ED
> rfcomm connect 1 "${BLUEMAC}"
> And wait a while for /dev/rfcomm1 to come up.
>
> Then i run on the laptop:
> /usr/sbin/pppd nodetach /dev/rfcomm1 call bluerunner
>
> where /etc/ppp/peers/bluerunner contains the ip address etc ( man pppd )
>
> You can then start gpsd on the freerunner and use it as a networked gpsd
> from the laptop.
>
> I hope this setup will work for you too.
> ( i wrote a script around the commands, but this is basically how it
> works)
>
> The lack of pairing also means a lack of encryption, you have to judge
> the impact of that yourself.

Thanks for these instructions.
But the problem is that i want to pair the freerunner with my tablet
where i have no access to a console. So i do need a script or program
which could pair with standard bluetooth devices. I could also install
debian or qtmoko on the freerunner if they are more suited for this
task. So is there any other way of pairing with other devices? :)

Ciao,
     Rainer