QtMoko v54

Peter Fey fey.peter at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 10 19:26:40 CET 2013

Am 07.03.2013 12:22, schrieb Radek Polak:

> i am happy to anounce QtMoko v54 - this time just for Freerunner. I
> have finally fixed GSM network registration bug so we have now

thanks for your work

> If you want to upgrade (also untested), you'll have to configure gpsd
> after upgrade to make gps working. Edit /etc/default/gpsd and set
> DEVICES="/dev/ttySAC1"

I tried to upgrade, and it seemed to go smoothly except for the upgrade
of the mokofaen theme. "apt-get upgrade" tried to download it form
qtmoko.sourceforge.org/./mokofaen-something, while it probably should
have downloaded from qtmoko.sourceforge.org/apps/mokofaen-something. So
it's just a misconfiguration in the urls apt-get uses. "apt-get upgrade
--fix-missing" skipped the installation of the mokofaen-theme, which I
installed from the apps-website afterwards.
/etc/default/gpsd was already configured the proper way, but that may be
due to an version i previously installed to use navit.
What are the new displays on the homescreen for? I think one is for
power consumption, and the one with the sphere might display the
identification of the gsm cell I am booked into, but what is the
P-shaped symbol for?

regards
Peter