WIKI is in read-only mode?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Mar 16 16:25:30 CET 2013

On Friday, March 15, 2013 03:01:37 PM Dmitry Shalnoff wrote:

> And another theme I was alerted by: this is a splitting of wiki for
> GTA02 and GTA04. I honestly don't really like that idea not even because
> I still use GTA02 and have no plans to reject it just because more
> powerful device is on the market, but also because a I'm not really love
> idea of "buying new gadget just because it has more powerful processor".
> I love idea of keeping old hardware living for maximum long time, for
> reusing it and for improvement of functionality in the frames of given
> power. And I believe that a lot of people support my point of view.

But one day your GTA02 will stop working - it might fall on the floor or
whatever. GTA04 is only replacement - that's why it's important to support
GTA04 - either by donation or buying the device.

Maybe i am wrong but openmoko as company is for years dead and nobody of the
old admins is willing to spend much time on maintaining the infrastructure. I
guess the number of spammers is now 1000x higher the number of contributors,
that's why it's readonly. And it's no wonder that GTA04 has separate wiki
because of these reasons.

Regards

Radek