WIKI is in read-only mode?

Dmitry Shalnoff shalnoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 15:14:32 CET 2013

Hi Radek and everybody,

> But one day your GTA02 will stop working - it might fall on the floor or
> whatever. GTA04 is only replacement - that's why it's important to support
> GTA04 - either by donation or buying the device.

how it connected with the subject?

This is not a reason to move the wiki or close it. This is an open
source project, the marketing stereotypes (that the new generation
hardware is the better replacement for old one) just not applicable.
Just because that targeted to stimulate consumer market for sales, but
not to give ability to people to create whatever they want.

The potential of the hardware is not equal to the formal functionality
of device. I plan to use the GTA02 as a core for robotic system, for
example. Someone else maybe create something else with it (whatever it
could be). It's logical to keep all data in one well know habitual
knowledge base. And it's logical to keep it open for new supplements.

> Maybe i am wrong but openmoko as company is for years dead and nobody of the
> old admins is willing to spend much time on maintaining the infrastructure. I
> guess the number of spammers is now 1000x higher the number of contributors,
> that's why it's readonly. And it's no wonder that GTA04 has separate wiki
> because of these reasons.

I'm as a user of wiki just don't care whether it contains some spam or
not. I have a will to clean it if I found it, or doesn't if I'm lazy (or
whatever). This is totally not a point.

Honestly I don't understand the reason to close the access for users
(who are main audience of the recourse) just to avoid the spam. It's
ridiculous.

Dmitry