WIKI is in read-only mode?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Mar 17 19:47:45 CET 2013

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 03:14:32 PM Dmitry Shalnoff wrote:

> > But one day your GTA02 will stop working - it might fall on the floor or
> > whatever. GTA04 is only replacement - that's why it's important to
> > support GTA04 - either by donation or buying the device.
>
> how it connected with the subject?
>
> This is not a reason to move the wiki or close it. This is an open
> source project, the marketing stereotypes (that the new generation
> hardware is the better replacement for old one) just not applicable.

My point was that if there is no living replacement project, openmoko will
die. The number of users/devs will convert to 0. Sooner or later your device
will stop working and only replacement will be android/windows phone/iPhone.

> Just because that targeted to stimulate consumer market for sales, but
> not to give ability to people to create whatever they want.

I dont like buying new phone every year. But Freerunner HW is badly flawed in
a few ways (e.g. Glamo) and this justified buying GTA04 for me.

> I'm as a user of wiki just don't care whether it contains some spam or
> not.

I do - there is a lot of useful information and i dont like that some spam
machined deletes it.

Regards

Radek