UMTS frequencies on GTA04

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Sun Mar 31 14:33:46 CEST 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
> I've just got a new SIM card for a specific network. It says "Your
> device must be compatible with UMTS 850 and 2100 to take full advantage"
> I can't find any documentation about UMTS frequencies on the GTA04.
> Can someone advise me?

The modem used in the GTA04 is the Option GTM601W, which is a
Quadband-GSM and Quadband-UMTS device.
For UMTS, it fully supports Bands 1 (which is 2100 MHz) and Band 5
(which is 850 MHz), so it should support both bands your provider
likely uses.
As there doesn't seem to be any official public information about the
device anymore, here's a link to a 3rd party detail list:
http://m2msupport.net/m2msupport/option-gtm601w-hsdpa-3g-module/

--
thomasg