Help to grow The Independent Mobile Tool Community!

robin spielraum at web.de
Thu May 9 10:13:57 CEST 2013

this is indeed well said, but also points out how feeble mankind is ...
the problem I see is even if you can convince someone that this is the
only strategy to follow, they won't be able to buy a device at a price
they are willing to accept (even when they are told that production in
small numbers is the cause of this). my guess is that for phone to be a
success it would at least need the "standard" basic features such as pinch
zooming, easy wifi connection, and a good browser.
writing a text message currently needs three click to get you to the
input screen and another six clicks until you can actually send it after
you have entered your content.
I am using the freerunner since 2008 and am still convinced with the gta04
the community has come a great step forward, but the rest of the electronic
world is developing so fast that it seems almost impossible to keep up
(especially with the high costs due to the small demand). personally I
think only fundraiser, maybe with a big partner, would work to get it
down to a price where the every day user would be willing to switch and
maybe qtmoko/shr could somehow bundle up with the plasma active team to
have nice and shiny features at hand which make the phone stick out.

nevertheless many thanks for bringing this project so far!
it certainly already has one of the best communities (eg rhn organized a
3g stick for me in Poland without even knowing me more than from a couple
of posts on the mailinglist. who else can report such a thing from his/her
community)

br

robin