how can I determine the package version in the original qtmoko*.tar.gz

robin spielraum at web.de
Sun May 26 09:37:50 CEST 2013

hi,

I have the problem that I cannot connect to my wpa secured network after
I upgraded wpasupplicant. now I know the original version of the
wpasupplicant so I downloaded it. by trying simply to downgrade I had the
following error:
wpasupplicant : Depends: libpcsclite1 (>= 1.8.6) but 1.8.4-1 is installed
which is somewhat strange as the original qtmoko v55 tar.gz comes with
the wpasupplicant 1.0-3? so how was it able to be installed as there is
no 1.8.4-1 version of libpcsclite1 available in wheezy?
Arne pointed me in the right direction to get a higher version so I got
libpcsclite1_1.8.6-4_armel.deb and this installed fine with
wpasupplicant 1.0-3 but unfortunately I still cannot connect to my network
which I was able to do right after the initial installation of qtmoko v55.

So I am still a bit puzzled:
a) how could the wpasupplicant (1.0-3) be installed originally without the
   libpcsclite1 >= 1.8.6 being available in wheezy
b) why is the standard downgrade not working

Is there a way to see what package version libpcslite1 had by browsing the
qtmoko v55 tar.gz?

br

robin