First small steps toward free GSM firmware

Norayr Chilingarian norayr at arnet.am
Sat Nov 9 11:41:14 CET 2013

Okay, so first thing I did is I have compiled loadtools, as planned
right on freerunner.

opkg install gcc
opkg install gcc-symlinks
opkg install libc6-dev
opkg install binutils
opkg install make

and synced time before build.

/etc/init.d/fsotdld restart

then I have edited makefile, as suggested in readme, set CFLAGS to
CFLAGS= -O2 -march=armv4t -mtune=arm920t -DGTA0x_AP_BUILD

and
EXTRA_OBJ=gtapower.o

After short build I have three binaries installed
fc-iram fc-loadtool fc-xram

I believe they will run.

Then, I have tried to compile the firmware with supplied wine environment.

Downloaded nowhine.c, built and installed it.

Unpacked environment in drive_c directory of .wine in my home.

Inspite of using nowhine, I saw a lot of fontconfig warnings .

Build fails, failed a couple of times, both by using nowhine or wine
without wrappers.

Because one windows utility, probably linker, fails
http://norayr.arnet.am/tmp/2013-11-09/openmoko/wine_error.png
Error details
http://norayr.arnet.am/tmp/2013-11-09/openmoko/wine_error_details.png
Backtrace: http://norayr.arnet.am/tmp/2013-11-09/openmoko/backtrace.txt
Report: http://norayr.arnet.am/tmp/2013-11-09/openmoko/report.txt

I wonder, if the problem is in my wine version or system setup.
I have 32 bit wine running on x86_64 GNU/Linux, use it sometimes, and it
worked fine before.

I am sure, it would be much easier to debug and understand the problem
in case of using native Unix build environment. Or error would not
present at all.
Thanks for any further hints.

Norayr

10/30/13 12:42 -ում, Michael Spacefalcon-ը գրել է: