First small steps toward free GSM firmware

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun Nov 10 15:10:46 CET 2013

On Sun 10 November 2013 11:15:22 Norayr Chilingarian wrote:
> I have documented what I have done, and I have a manual draft on my
> computer.
> If I can get a wiki account, I will add the information there.

A good example why we should keep wiki in moderated mode. All you could
contribute based on your reports so far is mere random noise confusing the
hell out of users. Neither #1024 nor SMS nor power management is *ANY* related
to the modem firmware - you are *definitely* observing (and spreading as facts?)
some random effects that have no correlation whatsoever. Now adding this to
wiki would cause another few dozen (or hundreds) of users to eventually try to
reproduce your "achievements" and add their own success stories to wiki,
suggesting even more snakeoil and doing more havok to the system and the info
available.
As a general rule don't spread any info when you can't *teach* people about
tha basics of that info - here: as long as you don't have a story which code
in calypso firmware needs to get changed in which way and why, to achieve a
certain improvement, youplese don't even think about suggesting messing with
this stuff in wiki or elsewhere.

/j
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)