First small steps toward free GSM firmware

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun Nov 10 23:36:17 CET 2013

On Sun 10 November 2013 22:53:55 Norayr Chilingarian wrote:
> About wiki, first of all, we have new, legally free (in those repressive
> countries (: ) tool - the flasher. Secondly we have the alternative
> firmware _with_source code.
> I belive it worth to write there about free flasher, how to build it,
> and how to use it, not only with leo2moko port. The flasher can be used
> to flash moko11 too. Also, it worth to write there how to build the
> leo2moko firmware. Anyone may add whatever political concern she has to
> the same wiki page.

Absolutely. nothing wrong in instructions how to build and flash new calypso
firmware. Just please don't sugest it might fix issues that users may conceive
they have. Placebo effect is all powerful. And more users flashing new firmware
and then looking for any improvements they might want to spot will result in
more such reports about "new firmware improves XYZ" which agian pulls in new
users tempted to try and believe.

By all means write instructions based on clear facts! We need those.
Sorry if I sounded rude.

cheers
jOERG
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)