Compiling QtMoko buildhost for Neo Freerunner

Adrien Dorsaz adrien at adorsaz.ch
Sun Nov 17 23:11:58 CET 2013

Hello!

Le mercredi 23 octobre 2013 à 19:55 +0200, Radek Polak a écrit :
> On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:07:09 AM Adrien Dorsaz wrote:
>
> > My QtMoko buildhost is the official one with Debian 6.0.7 and kernel 2.6.32
> > (IIRC, I've upgraded Debian with apt-get upgrade). Have you any hint to
> > find the error ?
>
> I think it is out of memory. You need either big swap (1GB) or much better is
> to use vexpress kernel [1]. You can download armhf buildhost and check
> start.sh for arguments - it was a bit tricky to find them out, because
> vexpress can work only with SD cards.

Well, I've checked /proc/swaps and I've discovered that my swap file
weren't started last time I've run my virtual machine. I've restarted a
compilation and it seems that Qt was well compiled and QtMoko has begun
its own compilation.

> > And do you know how I can begin again QtMoko compilation without compiling
> > again Qt (it's long and it worked well) ?
>
> Maybe after playing with qtmoko configure arguments it might work, but IIRC
> there were some problems with no easy solution. Instead i am now using ccache.
> First compiling is slow, but then it's quite acceptable.

I've found that QEMU has a vm monitor on "Ctrl+Alt+2" were we can manage
snapshots with commands like "info snapshots" "savevm" and "loadvm" (you
should "stop" your vm before creating a new snapshot and then "cont"inue
it after you load it).
I'm using ccache now too and I confirm that the first compilation is
long :)

Thanks!
Adrien