Crowdfunding an Ubuntu smartphone (right now)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Oct 6 08:42:20 CEST 2013

Hi Bob,

Am 05.10.2013 um 20:10 schrieb Martin Jansa:

> Using "open-hardware-but-without-CAD-files" is maybe less misleading for
> people who has great understanding of all free/open definitions used in
> the world (and wikipedia), but also more misleading for "normal" people.

Can you agree on the following?

1. you are talking about "open SOURCE hardware" (which I call "free hardware")

    http://www.ohanda.org/ = "Open Source Hardware and Design Alliance"

2. OpenPhoenux was and is never claiming to be open SOURCE hardware
    (like Openmoko, OpenPandora, Ubuntu Edge, RasPi [1], ... never did)

And some organizations fostering open SOURCE hardware and free hardware
are falsely recognized (e.g. by media) to cover ANY open hardware?

-- hns

[1]: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=45583&p=360559