Openmoko GTA06

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun Apr 13 13:50:27 CEST 2014

On Sun 13 April 2014 15:26:34 Norayr Chilingarian wrote:
> Then they need to filter who uses same Internet services as
> me. This case it's much harder to make sure that me is me, right?

Nope, since your internet traffic is a way better richer fingerprint of you than
the numbers you could call (or don't, according to your planned use)
Logging in on a single forum or webmail-service or polling your mail via POP3
or registering with a VoIP registrar already suffices. Heck even a more or less
arbitrary cookie left in your browser suffices.
And as already explained a IMEI popping up out of nowhere is *always* highly
suspicious and will usually already suffice to put you into the group of those
20 subjects that currently frequently use fake changing IMEIs. For the rest a
rough geolocation will do to identify you as subject #8 of those 20 subjects.
It's like you running the streets wearing a gorilla mask, and then changing
your gorilla mask to a pig mask and then 100m further you swap that for a
donkey mask. *Everybody* will look at you and there's not much doubt who you
are, despite you never showing your real face.
OOOH, I almost forgot: tell me which internet service you may use without a
SIM you paid for. They will probably die from laughing about you when you
constantly swap your IMEI without constantly swapping your SIM *and your
geolocation* exactly same time.

/j
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)