TIFFS in vitro analyzer tool released

Michael Spacefalcon msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Sun Feb 2 04:19:01 CET 2014

Hello project followers,

The tool for examining flash file system images read out of TI-based
GSM devices (which include Openmoko GTA0x modems) has just been
released:

ftp://ftp.ifctf.org/pub/FreeCalypso/tiffs-iva-r1.tar.bz2

Aside from the naming and packaging change, the main functional
difference between the current tool and the offering I put out last
summer (mpffs-tools-r1.tar.bz2 in the same directory) is the addition
of the lsino and catino commands, which enable "forensic" examination
of FFS change history and the old content of deleted/overwritten files.

For some examples of what one can do with this tool, see my previous
post:

http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2014-January/069265.html

VLR,
SF