X and navit on qtmoko v58

Matth nitpilot at arcor.de
Mon Feb 3 23:27:03 CET 2014

Hi,

I ran into that before.
I will repeat it here:

Hi all,

I was looking into bringing navit to work.

1st - libcrypto
>libcrypto.so.9.8 is included in libssl0.9.8, which was shipped with
>squeeze, but not with wheezy. The current package is libssl1.0.0, that
>means, you need to rebuild navit.
I solved this quick and dirty by storing
the libcrypto.so.0.9.8 out of the squeeze package into a private
directory and making a symlink to it in /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi.
Navit now does not complain anymore. The function of the crypto-related
stuff will probably not work, but I by myself did not find something
where this would be necessary.

2nd - gpsd
navit complains at start:
>navit:plugin_load:can't load
>'/opt/qtmoko/lib/navit/vehicle/libvehicle_gpsd.so', Error
>'libgps.so.19: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>directory' navit:vehicle_new:invalid source 'gpsd://localhost': unknown
>type 'gpsd'
I solved this by changing the way navit expects the GPS data.
The line
><vehicle name="Local GPS" profilename="car" enabled="yes" active="1"
>source="gpsd://localhost" gpsd_query="w+xj">
I changed to
><vehicle name="Local GPS" profilename="car" enabled="yes"
>active="1" source="pipe:/usr/bin/gpspipe -l -r">
>and it works fine.

Matthias