QtMoko mail reader doesn't display multi-part messages

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Feb 19 16:10:12 CET 2014

On 2014-02-19 14:40, Adrien Dorsaz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've finally detected the issue of the mail reader in QtMoko : it
> doesn't find the different parts of multi-part mail messages.
> So it can displays one-part messages, but not multi-part messages.
>
> I've began my investigations here :
> https://github.com/Trim/qtmoko/issues/1
>
> Unfortunately, I'm stuck and I can't find how to fix the issue : the
> mail browser seems to be correct, the mail storage seems good (database
> is consistent and messages are well written on device), but it seems
> that the same function of the mail storage can retrieve one-part
> messages correctly, but not multi-part messages (data aren't fetched).
>
> I'm stuck because the SQLite connection function is really cryptic for
> me and I can't retrieve the "mailfile" information from the database
> which I could use to force to create the mailmessage from the original
> mailfile.
>
> Could someone help me into debbuging the qtopiamail application ?

Hi Adrien,

Are you sure this is a storage problem, as opposed to a display problem?
  I've previously looked at some cases of failing to display multipart
messages, and all the cases that I looked at were just display problems.

Here's my fix for one such case:
https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/021826e12c09edaf806977bc79f810d54cd0e81d.
  If you review this, you'll see the code files that you (probably) need
to look at improving further - I am sure that there are remaining
multipart hierarchy cases to fix.

Also I might still have some work-in-progress here that I haven't
considered ready for pushing to Radek - I'll check for that and let you
know this evening.

Regards,
      Neil