GTA04 work (was: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI))

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 21 10:14:24 CET 2014

On Fri 21 February 2014 10:03:47 Bob Ham wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 08:54 +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > We ... are working on a 3.14 kernel and getting things mainline
>
> Why?  The GTA04 is not usable as a daily phone.  Why would you waste
> time on the kernel instead of working on the problems that prevent the
> board being used?

Thanks a lot for the excellent advice! Now if you could elaborate on what
exactly *is* the source of the problem, and particularly why it's not related
to kernel's power management, according to your insight.

> Why are you not spending this time working on the
> power drain?

See above!

>[...]
/j
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)