changing IMEI

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Fri Feb 21 10:40:07 CET 2014

On Fri 21 February 2014 10:17:26 Neal H. Walfield wrote:
> > And no, you probably can't use a VPN to have only encrypted data
> > transferred  over the air. I don't think there are any free and open VPN
> > endpoints available.
>
> Using Tor avoids this problem.  Check it out:
> https://www.torproject.org/

This would rely on all communication between your local device and Tor's entry
node being completely and securely encrypted so nobody can spy on it, not even
by profiling and correlation methods. Do you think that's warranted, *always*?

But honestly, the Freerunner probably isn't the device you want to use for
data only, in an absolutely track-safe mode, to do... what exactly? VoIP?
Hardly! For stealth access to internet there are for sure better solutions
than the one we're talking about here. And initially we talked about _calls_
iirc.

/j
(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)