[Community] GTA04A5 / Letux 2804

Nick openmoko-community at njw.me.uk
Fri Jan 17 10:46:27 CET 2014

Quoth Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
> Am 16.01.2014 um 21:31 schrieb Michael Spacefalcon:
>
> > Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Why do you assume that your (IMHO unlawful) procedure done to "free" the
> >> Calypso is not possible for a Qualcomm modem?
> >
> > Because all "modern" baseband processors (MTK, Qualcomm etc) have ROM
> > bootloaders which perform cryptographic verification of downloaded fw
>
> I don't know, but isn't *that* something you should fight against instead of modifying
> leaked firmware for a system that never has been locked?

It is something that should be fought, certainly, but I am more
interested in having free firmware for one device than just
complaining to manufacturers. Doing much of the latter will lead to
you feeling disempowered, doing much of the former is quite the
opposite.

Thanks Michael for your continued work in this area, and for the
recent progress updates.

Nick