USB networking && Win7

rhn omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Fri Jan 17 18:48:09 CET 2014

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:25:24 +0100
Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> El día Friday, January 17, 2014 a las 05:07:22PM +0000, Michael Spacefalcon escribió:
>
> > "dmatthews.org" <mail at dmatthews.org> wrote:
> >
> > > PuTTY is quite a decent (free as in beer) ssh client for windows
> >
> > PuTTY is free as in speech too, i.e., it is bona fide free software -
> > not just free as in beer.  Of course Windows isn't, but we are talking
> > about PuTTY, right?
>
> I know PuTTY very well. But, I was talking about how to bring up the
> USB network interface in Win7
>
> Thanks
>
> 	matthias

The Freerunner works as a USB Ethernet gadget (RNDIS).
You need to install an .inf file (some kind of a description?) or else Windows will not work with it.

[1] is describing how to do it. I did it a long time ago myself with the Freerunner, but I'm not sure if I used this exact guide.

Cheers,
rhn

[1]http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_1973_and_Windows#USB_Ethernet_emulation