Building qtmoko for Neo.

Jorge xxopxe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 19:51:54 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to build qtmoko from https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko ,
following the README., on a Ubuntu 13.04 64bits box, and have some weird
behavior.

I suppose I have to run "sudo scripts/qtmoko-chroot-armel.sh", not
armhf, right?

1. The cdebootstrap step in the script fails unless I add
--allow-unauthenticated. Not sure what is going on nor whose fault it is.

2. At some point during the script running, something breaks in my box.
Some applets hang, and chromium starts to fail to load complaining on
"incorrect permissions on /dev/shm". Doing "sudo chmod 1777 /dev/shm"
seems to fix that, but I don't know what else is happening.

3. Finally, the script finishes, but the
"qtmoko-chroot:~/qte/build$ ../qtmoko/configure -device neo"
step (is the "neo" there right?) fails with:

Testing for ALSA: FAIL
ERROR: You requested "-sound-system alsa" but it was disabled.
make: *** [src/build/mkconf/configure] Error 1

4. If I add "-sound-system pulse" to configure, then it fails shortly
after with:

Testing for OpenSSL: FAIL
ERROR: You requested "-ssl" but it was disabled.

"apt-get install openssl" does not fix it.

Greetings,

Jorge