GTA04A5 / Letux 2804

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jan 22 20:44:11 CET 2014

> Upgrade?  Surely you must have meant downgrade - why would anyone in

There are tradeoffs everywhere.  I think that having a 100% free
firmware for the cell-phone part is really great.  Having an up to date
"smartphone" that runs Free Software is also great.

I see no reason why one project should feel like the other is a threat.

BTW, one issue with Calypso is that as the proportion of non-3G phones in
use decreases, coverage for non-3G phones is going down.  Maybe it's not
yet a problem, but it's only a question of time.

        Stefan