testing the free calypso software

David Matthews mail at dmatthews.org
Sat Jan 25 18:52:08 CET 2014

As the author claims, I've found his early steps towards a freeing of the calypso modem to work in the same way as the official moko11 release. Also the tools he's provided work equally well for flashing the moko11 firmware onto the freerunner as they do his own leo2moko-r1 offering.

I've done a bit of work, which I hope will encourage other people to give it a test. There is a full write up at http://winterveldt.co.za/leo2moko.html, with links to a distro I've prepared for the sole purpose of flashing your freerunner's calypso - either with leo2moko or moko11 firmware.

The distro runs from sdcard and boots from the freerunners NOR menu, so you do not need to disturb anything in NAND.

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org