Resume bug on 2.6.39 kernel identified! (was QTMoko v55 GTA02 flash issue)

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 28 08:22:27 CET 2014

On Monday, January 27, 2014 02:29:10 PM Giacomo 'giotti' Mariani wrote:
> Hi Radek, all,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > it seems that thanks to your mail we have discovered resume problems
> > on 2.6.39 kernels!
> >

> > I tried rmmod ar6000 and i cant reproduce my resume issues anymore! I
> > had running my dial script over night. Freerunner now shows 333
> > succesful resumes, while it used to fail after 30 resumes before.
> >

> > So please if you are using 2.6.39 kernel edit /etc/modules, remove or
> > comment out line with ar6000, reboot and report if your resume issues
> > are gone.
>
> I've been using 2.6.39 with ar6000 commented in /etc/modules in the last
> week and I've not encountered the resume so far.

Hi,
well it's quite stable, but not rock stable, at least not for me :( I had
encountered problem that the phone wouldnt wake with POWER button. So i tried
call from another phone. The screen turned on, but was unresponsive. I tried
connecting USB, but this did not work too.

> Editing /etc/modules I noticed that  snd-soc-neo1973-wm8753 is repeated
> three times. Is it the right behaviour?

No. It needs to be there only once. I messed it in the rootfs howto while
trying to figure list of modules needed. It shouldnt hurt, but once is enough.
Fixed this in git now.

> By the way, gnuchess does not seem to work on this last QtMoko release.
> Is this a my problem or is it a common one?

Hmm maybe i can take a look.

> I've a suggestion for you developers: in the "scripts" menu (top left
> icon in the mail menu) it would be great if the script could be return
> some kind of feedback. For example, each category (such as "GPS
> standby") should present a slide button with the two (or more) possible
> values (checked against the script behind, if possible). Indeed, it
> should be something similar to neocontrol...

These are just shell scripts. But yes, with GUI helper tool they could work
like this. I implemented tool for showing QT message boxes already here:

https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/tree/master/src/tools/qui

maybe extending this with sliders could work.

> Sorry for proposing instead of coding, but my lack of knowledge is too
> big :-(

No problem :)

BR

Radek