Kernel 3.x and Freerunner

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 30 13:11:17 CET 2014

Am 30.01.2014 um 11:54 schrieb Mike Crash:

> Hello,
>
> last two years I was busy with other private stuff, now I have returned
> to my old projects and also my Neo. I have completely rewritten my
> software and I want to compile it for Neo. But new software is not
> compatible with old kernel (for example udev).
>
> I have tried to boot up Neo and what a surprice, everything works as 2
> years ago. Only battery has half of capacity...
>
> I want to ask if there was some progress in support of Neo Freerunner in
> stock kernel. I still use old 2.6.29 with openmoko modifications, is it
> possible to use kernel 3.13? I don't need phone functionality, only
> display, audio and gps. I have looked around, there are some Neo stuff
> in stock kernel, but I don't know, if it is usable. Please can anybody
> tell me, what's the situation now? Have anybody tried new stock kernels?

You could consider replacing the motherboard with a GTA04A5.

It is (will be) well supported [1] and we are permanently working to get
things into mainline and reduce the differences.

The latest good kernel is 3.12.7 and 3.14 is coming soon.

BR,
Nikolaus

[1]: http://git.goldelico.com/?p=gta04-kernel.git;a=summary