Qx and QtMoko v58 in GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Fri Jun 6 18:29:28 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-06 15:57, Maelvon HAWK wrote:
> I have a GTA04 and want to run an application in Qtmoko with Qx, but
> I've no mouse pointer at all. Is that normal?

I think it is normal.  How would a visible mouse pointer help you? -
given that nothing will happen until you touch the screen, and then it
will be the position of your touch that controls what happens.

> I've tested Qx with
>
> I see some threads talking about tslib and evdev but I do not see much
> on the list
> (http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2013-January/068137.html)
>
> And as the application have a Qt4 GUI, I'm asking myself if I can run
> it directly in Qtmoko, but I don't known how!

Unfortunately, no, because the Qt4 application is still probably
expecting to output to an X server, and native QtMoko uses a different
display server.  To run directly in QtMoko, at least a rebuild will be
needed, within the QtMoko build environment, and possibly a little
porting work too.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Maelvon HAWK

Regards,