Pong Was: ping

joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Tue Jun 17 21:56:32 CEST 2014

On Tue 17 June 2014 20:43:43 Robert 'Bobby' Zenz wrote:
> Was thinking about it, but I dislike such small keyboards. To be
> honest, I'd need to try the keyboard of the N900 to know if I'd like it
> or not and if I can use it or not. On my GTA02 I'm using the stylus
> that came with it and the docked keyboard.
>
> Well, touchscreen keyboards never really worked for me when not using a
> stylus.

Seems you could do all this on GTA04 as well as Neo900, too. Except for one
negligible difference: Neo900 comes with stylus built-in ;-)

N(eo)900 hw kbd is commonly considered one of the really good small keyboards.
Ryan Abel (GeneralAntilles) once did an IRC live report from/about a
conference talk, where he typed on N900 faster than I can type on a standard
keyboard. It was really impressive and a proof that N900 hw kbd can't be
_that_ bad. You might be able to find that event in
http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog

cheers
jOERG

(alas the above page got scrapped due to resignation(!!), so here some
supplementary links:)
http://www.nonhtmlmail.org/campaign.html
http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml
http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii/ (German)