[qtmoko] Wifi && different locations

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Mar 3 12:46:20 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm struggling a bit with qtmoko and Wifi configs, maybe because I'm new
to qtmoko and more used to use FreeBSD systems;

I'd like to configure a small set of Wifi zones (where I'm normaly in);
in FreeBSD I just expand the file /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf with the
required values about WPA-PSK, PSK, etc. and all is fine; my netbook
picks up the best of each location when I start Wifi there; and I do not
have to enter anything when I go from location A to B;

How do I do this in qtmoko? I could finaly manage to configure my own AP
at home, say location A; where I could see around 8 other neighbour AP
which I'm not interested in to connect; then I moved to location B and
the FR offered me the 8 AP of location A (which of course are not
visible due to the distance between A and B), and in addition around 8
AP of location B; I could not manage to pick-up the correct AP by its
SSID, maybe due to the long list; and had to remove all config
"Internet" and start from scratch for location B; this is soemhow
boring. Is there an easy config file to pick-up only the AP's I do know
(in the sense of credentials)?

Or do I do something stupid wrong?

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz, <guru at unixarea.de>, http://www.unixarea.de/ f: +49-170-4527211
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11, UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)
UNIX on x86 since SVR4.2 UnixWare 2.1.2, FreeBSD since 2.2.5