[qtmoko] Wifi && different locations

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 21:29:55 CET 2014

On Monday 03 March 2014 12:46:20 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> I could finaly manage to configure my own AP
> at home, say location A; where I could see around 8 other neighbour AP
> (...) I could not manage to pick-up the correct AP by its
> SSID, maybe due to the long list; and had to remove all config
> "Internet" and start from scratch for location B; this is soemhow
> boring. Is there an easy config file to pick-up only the AP's I do know
> (in the sense of credentials)?
>
> Or do I do something stupid wrong?
I'm not quite sure about the 'right' way to do it. I do remember that QtMoko
used to help by shuffling the strongest signal up to the top of the list.

The unfortunate bit was that it continued to do so while the user entered
credentials, and then applied the credentials to the then topmost entry,
whichever that would be at that moment. Result: mostly no connection, because
the connection that you entered credentials for tumbled down two or three
places for a second or so.

Radek (I guess/presume) therefor turned off the dynamic rearrangement of the
visible-networks-list, cautioning that people in more than one network would
suffer what you just described.

I tried adding another network preset (on the 'main' internet tab, one more
WLAN configuration), but that one does not scan/connect at all.

Sorry for not being of any more help.

Best regards,

Boudewijn