Releasing FoxtrotGPS 1.2.0--translations needed

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Thu Oct 9 05:50:55 CEST 2014

"Vadim Efimov" <evadim at evadim.ru> writes:

> Hi Joshua,
>
> I translate some "simple" strings, which (I hope) can be translated without see them in Foxtrot GPS itself, via web in LP. 2 questions/suggestions:
>
> 1) Some beta versions available, for testing and translating?

For the Russian translation, the biggest task is to get all of
the strings from the 1.1.1 release translated, since there are only
a few new or changed strings for 1.2.0. So, if you're using
a distro that's currently shipping FoxtrotGPS 1.1.1, then you
should mostly be able to test your translations with that
(there's a list of distros that we know package FoxtrotGPS
 at the top of <http://www.foxtrotgps.org/releases/>).

If you have a system with a development environment including bzr,
autoconf, automake, libtool, intltool, etc., you can get the code for
the upcoming release from bzr by running "bzr branch lp:foxtrotgps",
and following the instructions at <http://www.foxtrotgps.org/build.html>.

We don't have any prerelease tarballs available at present,
but I could prepare one if you need it.

> 2) Could you (or somebody else?) mark translated strings in source code? I review 60 of 300 strings, and saw a lot of them with formatting. For example one string appear at leas 3 times because of this:
> <b>no GPSD found</b>
>
> or, it's just hard to find 2 letters to translate:

> This make things harder, and also no suggestions for this strings.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking, here--
did my response to Patryk about formatting in translatable strings
answer this question for you?

"'tis an ill wind that blows no minds."