Crowdfunding campaign for cloning the GTA02

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Mon Apr 6 13:06:11 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-06 at 05:07 +0000, Spacefalcon the Outlaw wrote:

> In the case of this elderly TI Calypso baseband there is not just one,
> but two free software projects working toward running fully free and
> fully functional firmware on the baseband: OsmocomBB and my own
> FreeCalypso.

FreeCalypso isn't free firmware, it's leaked proprietary firmware.  The
user does not have the right to even run the firmware, at least within
nation states whose laws respect copyright.  This includes the United
States and hence Long Beach, California, where you claim to be based in
your Indiegogo campaign.

What you claim to be "free firmware" is not.